sexta-feira, 26 de novembro de 2010

You, me and the Flowers I don’t take

*
I don’t take you flowers.
...You don’t sing me love songs.
...You hardly talk to me anymore,
...when I come through the screen door
...at the end of a day.
.
I remember when
...you couldn’t wait to write me,
...used to hate to leave me…
...Now after forgetting me late at night,
...when it’s good for you, babe
...And you’re feeling alright,
...well you just rollover and turn out the light.
.
And I don’t take you flowers anymore.
.
It used to be so natural
...talking forever.
...But used-to-bes don’t count anymore,
...they just lay on the floor
...
until we sweep them away.
.
Babe, I remember all the things you re-taught me.
...I re-learnt how to laugh
...and I re-learnt how to cry.
...Well I re-learnt how to love
...
and I re-learnt how to die.
.
So, do you think I could learn how to tell you: goodbye?
.
I don’t take you flowers anymore.
.
Well, you think I could learn how to tell you ‘Goodbye’…
.
You don’t say you need me.
...
And you don’t sing me love songs.
.
I don’t take you flowers. Anymore.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário